Jeff Zalasky, Esq., a SCORE Naples mentor, is being honored by The Legal Aid Service of Collier County as its volunteer of the year at the 10th Annual Barrister’s Bash on April 26, 2018. Jeff practiced law in Minnesota for over 35 years. He became a resident of Naples in 2012. He has been with SCORE Naples since 2016 and has been volunteering with Legal Aid since 2017. He is being honored this year for his volunteer work for the Legal Aid Service of Collier County which, in conjunction with Florida Counsel included a complete updating of the organization’s employee handbook and related policies, which had not been revised in many years. SCORE Naples is proud to congratulate Jeff on this honor.
Jeff’s contribution is one of the many SCORE Naples contributions to the community. Since its founding in 1988, SCORE Naples, a non-profit resource partner of the Small Business Association, has helped thousands of people attain their business goals through individual mentoring sessions and workshops held throughout the year. In addition, SCORE’s community outreach projects in 2017 included:
- Sponsoring “inSights for Women”, a program for women entrepreneurs
- Coordinating “Collier 2020–The Prospects for Small Business in Collier County”, a panel event co-sponsored by SCORE Naples, the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, and Hodges University
- Coordinating “After Irma: The Outlook for Small Business in Collier County in conjunction with the Naples Daily News
- Mentoring participants on Goodwill’s Micro-Enterprise Institute
- Helping judge Venture Pitch (a business plan competition for early stage companies sponsored by Tamiami Funds)