Marketing educates prospective customers about what your business does and how it serves a need they have. It also creates a lasting image of your business that stays in their minds after the transaction is over. By doing so, marketing builds your brand.
Module 8 of the SCORE Startup Roadmap details how to market your business.
You’ll identify potential customers and create a plan for finding your first customers. You’ll also develop a brand identity, including a logo, marketing materials, a website, and your social media accounts. At its most basic level, marketing means attracting attention to what you sell. If they don’t know what you’re selling, customers can’t buy it.
View some of our other SCORE Startup Roadmap modules to help your startup succeed:
- Module 1: Starting Your Journey
- Module 2: Are You Ready to Start a Business?
- Module 3: Defining and Validating Your Idea
- Module 4: Business Plan or Business Model Canvas?
- Module 5: Finding Funding
- Module 6: Setting Up Your Business
- Module 7: Accounting, Insurance, and Legal Considerations
- Module 8: Marketing Your Business
- Module 9: Pricing, Sales, and Distribution
- Module 10: Setting Up Your Physical Location
- Module 11: Staffing Your Business
- Module 12: Open for Business
Starting a business may seem overwhelming, but with a solid plan, resources and guidance, you can achieve your dream. And with the SCORE Startup Roadmap and your SCORE mentor, you don’t have to do it alone.